Thursday, December 16, 2010

Seeing stars






Photos: Gillian Robin Christie
My mom came to visit recently and I got to play tourist.  One evening we found our way to Griffith Observatory.  Though I only live 0.8 miles away it was also my first time visiting...sad but true...I have no excuse.  So many things to do in this great city!!  

Space and the great beyond are of interest to me, but my mom LOVES the stars, the planets, science fiction (she might kill me for writing this)....she would be an astronaut in an instant.  Richard Branson if you're reading this...and you're offering a free ride in your spaceship anytime soon, please give my mom a call.  Her name is Phyllis.

Imagine this fashionista's surprise when I turned the corner and found The Cosmic Connection exhibit, a 150 foot timeline of the universe "whimsically composed of celestial-themed jewelry."  Absolutely fun and so beautiful!!  

I've always said there is a connection between fashion and every interest and industry.  This is a perfect example...fashion can be found anywhere...even among the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment