Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gloss girl goes red

Everyone who knows me knows that I've never met a lip gloss I didn't like...particularly a nude gloss.  Shiny lips are happy lips.  What people might not know is I have a secret lipstick envy...I have always wanted to wear red lipstick.  Big bold red lipstick!

The general consensus among beauty experts is that EVERYONE can wear red...as long as it's the right shade.  But oh...thus the dilemma begins...how to find the right shade??  Well, I think I've found one...Strawberry by Arbonne...my favorite good for you and good for your skin beauty brand.  It's fabulously luscious and luckily the perfect shade for moi.

As you can tell by my love of nude gloss, I've played it relatively safe in the beauty department.  But no more...today launches my own little 30 day challenge.  Gloss girl goes red for 30 days!

Here are some tips from Poppy King founder of Lipstick Queen on wearing red lipstick for the newly recruited like myself:
1. minimal eye make up
2. apply the lipstick before your eye makeup so that you know when enough eye makeup is enough with red
3. minimize the jewelry, let the lips be a statement

Stay tuned..pics soon!!  Mmmwah!! 



1 comment: